«

RUSSIAN BISHOP'S HOUSE, oldest intact Russian building in Sitka, Alaska, built in 1842, by the Russian American Company as a residence for the Bishop of the Orthodox Church. Bishop Innocent (Ivan Veniaminov) was its first resident. Restored to the 1850's historic period when it functioned as a school, Bishop's residence, and a chapel. Registered as a National Historic Landmark.

Russian Bishops house, Sitka, Alaska

RUSSIAN BISHOP'S HOUSE, oldest intact Russian building in Sitka, Alaska, built in 1842, by the Russian American Company as a residence for the Bishop of the Orthodox Church. Bishop Innocent (Ivan Veniaminov) was its first resident. Restored to the 1850's historic period when it functioned as a school, Bishop's residence, and a chapel. Registered as a National Historic Landmark.

Photo ID#: akd-3641.jpg
Photographer: Patrick J Endres
Model Release: No
Restrictions:
None
twitterlinkedinfacebook